Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, July 19, 2010

No longer a Miss

Ah, married life. OKay, so it really doesn't feel all that different from pre-married life. I look at it as a plus, though. Because we've lived together so long, we're already used to each other's quirks and possibly annoying habits - we won't have that potential stressor in our first year of marriage because we already know we live well together. We know we won't fight over new things because we don't really fight anyway... sure there are aggravations and stress, but usually it's regarding a situation and not the other person, so in my case, I just need a little space and then I'm fine. When all is said and done we really have a very healthy relationship, I'd say. :)

Being "official" does feel good, though. I love that I'm a wife now and it's a title/label that I'm very happy to have. Every night before bed we take our rings off and place them in a heart-shaped ring-holder and they fit snuggly together, as we do. I can't tell you what a thrill it is to see a ring on Josh's finger - just as exciting as when he first put a ring on mine. I remember the words in our ceremony* and that's what I think when I look down at my hand and his.

Okay, enough mushy stuff. We won't have pictures for a few weeks yet, but I'll be posting some as soon as we do, or most likely creating a slideshow. We did get some pictures from my mom (yay) and I think a few people are starting to come out of the woodwork with their pictures from the day. Now I just have to pester more people to share theirs with us. :p



*"As you look at your wedding band, remember the great gift that you have been given and all that you have in one another. Remember that you have someone to share this life with."

No comments: