Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ahh technology

Josh's alarm clock finally bit the dust last week (actually, just the snooze button stopped working from being pressed repeatedly most mornings), so Josh got a new alarm clock. It's modern and compact and as I gazed over at my old super clunky massive CD alarm clock, I became jealous and coveted his new fancy clock. Being the sweetie that he is, he brought me home an equally awesome clock that is compact, modern, round, and talks! I've discovered one flaw, however. The husky female voice has a thing against hearing anything above a tenor. My soprano voice - oh no, unacceptable. Case in point:

Me: Set alarm
Silence
Me: Set alarm
Clock: What would you like the alarm to sound like?
Me: Buzzer
Clock: Could you repeat that?
Me: BUZZER
Clock: What time would you like to set the alarm?
Me: 5:45 a.m.
Silence
Me: 5:45 a.m.
Clock: Alarm is set to 9:45 a.m.
Me: Sigh.

She practically fawns all over Josh when he talks to her, though. No repeats necessary.

Also, we've discovered that you must talk directly into the microphone on the new clock. We were laying in bed, the alarm went off, and both of us tried yelling "Snooze" several times before I finally leaned my head directly in front of her and told her to shut it. Now, I just speak in a lower and slower voice and all is well, unless Josh starts laughing at me and then I have to start all over. Thankfully, the clock also has buttons, but the creators of the clock decided to make setting it as difficult as possible unless you use voice commands, so there you go. Hooray modern technology!

No comments: