Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ho hum

It's so hard to come back to reality when you've been on vacation for over a week. I'm slowly getting back in the swing of the things, but yesterday was difficult - my first day back at work at both jobs. As can be expected I had a full inbox and I'm still working through it. I did, however, have time on Monday to put together a slide-show from our trip to Colorado. I may go back and tidy it up a bit, but for now, here is the link.

2009 Road Trip from Heather Pennington on Vimeo.


We had such a good time and I wish we could have stayed longer. I didn't get to see half the people I wanted to and didn't get to spend enough time with those we did get to see. It was also nice to do a few things I hadn't done before and Josh got to see some new sites and do some touristy things he had never gotten the opportunity to do before including going to Mesa Verde, the hot springs in Pagosa and riding the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, which thankfully we decided to only do one way. I had forgotten what a long trip it is.

I don't think I've cried or laughed so much in a while, though. What a mix of emotions on this trip! It looks like my little brother might beat me to the altar, but I couldn't be happier for him and Crystal getting engaged. I wasn't expecting that surprise when we stepped out of the car! I cried - what a girl! Then sadly, Buddy the family dog was put to sleep a couple days later, so that definitely put a damper on things. He was a good dog and had a long life, though. That is the worst part about having pets - watching them go. On the plus side, after spending as much time as we did in the car we didn't have any arguments - just me getting irritable at times or plain crazy after being couped up in a moving vehicle for so many hours. I got pretty squirmy towards the end. :p

It's pretty amazing that we've never had an an actual "argument" or "fight" in the almost two years we've been dating. We might have come close once or twice to arguing, but that's it. Mostly Josh is just awesome and lets me have space when I'm irritable or grouchy or tries to make me laugh which may or may not work. :p He's definitely had a calming effect on me, and my mood swings are less frequent, or at the very least they don't last as long. I'm a lucky girl to have found such a good man. He's calm and doesn't get angry or yell and doesn't take his irritations or frustrations out on anyone else (something I need to work on a lot), he's understanding, and fun, and everything a girl could want. Josh - I love you. :)

1 comment:

leeshaknows said...

I love the pictures...that was way fun to watch! I'm so glad you guys had fun on your trip! :) Luv u!